Sunday, May 22, 2011

So far...

So much has happened during my first week in that I feel overwhelmed trying to decide what to write about! So,  I am just going to list some funny/random things that have gone on this past week:


1. The are NO coathangers in London! I don't know what the problem is, but NO ONE in London can tell you where to buy coat hangers. We went from store to store asking person by person and three days later we finally found some in a house appliance store in "india town." Even Argos, the store where you order everything from the computer catalog and then they bring it from the back, didn't have any! You'd think that they might want to hang up their clothes over here across the pond like we do!

2. I am so thankful for our wonderful Auburn group! Everyone is so different and so much fun! I can't believe I did not know these people just a week ago!
 (only part of the group of about 22)

3. The city is beautiful! London is so full of character and is much cleaner than NY.




4. London Pubs! I have had a great time haning out with our Auburn group in pubs around London. We have met some really funny locals as well. It has definately been an adventure worth having! I can't wait for more funny stories from this one!



5. Liz and I are roommates! I am so glad that we are getting to live together for the summer. We have already had quite a few adventures. Yesterday morning we blew up an outlet (I'm still not sure how we managed to do it). The whole room went black: all of the power went out and the outlet and plug are now covered in soot. Tonight we cooked a very yummy dinner. Thankfully there were no mishaps with this experience!






6. It has not really rained once since we got here! Besides sprinkling one late afternoon it has been great weather!

7. Our housing is wonderful! Despite all of its quirks (like terribly complicated internet service at the beginning, employees who don't speak english, etc). All of our group is on the same hall, the area is super safe (in the financial district) with great resteraunts near by, and an undergroup stop just around the corner. Could not have asked for any better! (Plus there are some great weekend markets just around the corner with cute, unique things...haven't decided if the is a good thing yet or not, particularly for my wallet.)

8. I have gotten to talk to a friend in Cairo (Azeem!). Who would have ever thought I would be in London skyping a friend in Cairo? And they are ony one hour ahead of London. Crazy!


9. Went to church in Westimenster Abbey this morning! So beautiful.


This has been a long and really random list that leaves out so many good things but hopefully you were able to learn something about my past week :)
I can't believe that tomorrow I will have been here for a week! I'll be up bright and early to go to my first day of work. Say a prayer for me!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! So glad it is going well! I am so jealous about Westminister!

    ReplyDelete